Posted by: bearcruzer | March 3, 2010

The Plague intensifies!

Feb 22- Feb 24

Well , after dropping Carl off, Michael’s cold progressed into Fever, Chills, Nausea, and a deep chest cough.   I started him on the Antibiotics we had on board, but I spent the better part of the last few days keeping a close watch on him as well as taking care of the all the boat chores.   We are bracing for another set of squalls that is supposed to come in tonight but we are sitting pretty.  We moved the boat over to the back corner of Red Shanks Anchorage the day Carl left and then settled in for the next round of cold fronts that will be passing through.    I took the dingy to town yesterday and got 12 more gallons of water and took 2 weeks worth of laundry and bedding to the Laundromat .   I also traveled to immigration and extended our 60 day visas for another 4 months.     We will attempt to leave the Harbor (pending Michael’s continued recovery) on Fri or Sat as we will have a weather window of about 4 days until the next front and squalls are due to pass through beginning next Tuesday again.   Chris Parker, the weather guru for the Caribbean , says that he has not seen this much unsettled weather in the Bahamas in more than 10 years and attributes it to El Nino.  Mike’s fever seems to be gone and he is feeling a little better today and actually ate a good breakfast this morning.   I still won’t let him do much to help so he has been spending his time reading and resting.    I’m keeping a positive attitude that If I haven’t got it by now I’m not going to.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: